Monday, February 4, 2019
PACK YOUR BAGS, WE’RE GOING ON A GUILT TRIP
I was in elementary about 6 or 7 year old. I was into Legos and still am. I saw a commercial about this new Lego box set at the morning of a school day. When getting dropped off I told my mom about it, if she can buy it for me. My mom said “we will see later” that got my hopes up but then down because she usually says that and she forget and so do I. After the whole school day and at the end of school, I still had remembered about the LEGO box set. Once a home I asked her again and she said “No” so I got mad. She was watching tv in the living room and I go to her room and check her purse. She had money. So I thought why wouldn’t she buy it for me I asked. So I came up with a plan. Since marvels were getting popular in school, I came up with that a kid gave me 20 bucks for exchange of the marvels I had. Then I’ll tell my mom to take me to the store to buy me what I wanted. I felt guilty getting the money out the purse. And even more guilty when I was staring at her ready to tell her. Once I told her that a kid gave me 20 for my marvels she did not believe me. Because why would a kid aged 6 or 7 have 20 bucks? So she and dad asked where did I actually get it. So all that guilt made me say the truth. I did not get in trouble. Ever since then I knew not to ever steal money again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment