Thursday, August 16, 2018

August 15

Santa Maria High School (Assembly)
   When I attended the assembly there were few seats left. Once I found a seat and all the students found a place to sit then the principle started to get the students attention and basically started to talk about how they want us all to do good in school and in life decisions. Also going through some of the rules that most seniors should know about. The only thing that I did not know about is that we can wear whichever hat we want but as long it's not gang-related. Other than that there was no other thing that came to my attention, I asked myself why didn't they just do it for freshmen. They are the new students of this school. Anyways I feel like better things should be brought up in assemblies, for an example how some classes are packed with at least 30 students and can be difficult for teachers to actually teach a large group. Many students have different ways of learning. Also about how the school food just goes to waste, most of the people throw there fruits or veggies. That food can actually feed the homeless or something else helping others than rather getting put in the trash for no cause. As well mention of what we are capable to do, like stand up and try to make a change in this world because many things as racism and gun violence still occur and we as students should be more aware about that and know we can protest and just put it out there. But we can't really change things if we can't get everyone to participate and stand up for it. Any whos I feel like schools should be more involved in things that are going on in the world as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment